We are currently seeking a Principle Manufacturing Process Engineer – within our European CPG Group who is looking for an exciting and challenging career with Infinite Sum – an employer that enables you to work in a flexible environment both in terms of geography and time.
As part of Infinite Sum European CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) team, you will be responsible for working on-site at our clients manufacturing facilities located primarily in Germany. This is a superb position for an ambitious technical leader with experience of developing production & process engineering solutions for the Consumer Goods / FMCG and similar High Volume Manufacturing sectors.
A key part of the consumer goods / retail supply chain is manufacturing and Infinite Sum is working with major household name clients to help them develop highly cost effective methods in order to gain a competitive advantage. We are looking for experienced Process Development Engineers from either an 'end user' manufacturing company, or from OEM suppliers of advanced manufacturing equipment. Whichever route you come from, you'll need solid understanding of Process Engineering and the ability to solve complex manufacturing process problems. You'll need to demonstrate an aptitude for improving performance of systems & equipment or for implementing new equipment and processes into modern manufacturing environments.
Unlike most management level roles Infinite Sum senior production engineering positions offer the best of both worlds - active participation in the development of new innovative manufacturing process solutions coupled with project delivery, strategic management and development of the Infinite Sum business within the specific client.
- An excellent degree in a relevant subject such as Production Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, etc
To be considered for the role of Principle Manufacturing Process Engineer you need the following:
- Fluency in both English and German is essential
- At least 3 years of external consulting experience or equivalent internal consulting project management experience
- Must be located within Southern Germany (near Stuttgart), or be willing to relocate.
- A practical understanding of manufacturing process engineering for FMCG / consumer goods or similar high volume products.
- Familiarity with tools to solve manufacturing issues in processes and packaging.
- A strong capability of collecting and analysing large data sets
- Understanding of the connection of science, engineering and manufacturing within the overall process to optimise efficiency, throughput and costs.
- A track record in developing processes and equipment to improve quality, yield and efficiency.
- An appreciation of wider supply chain, manufacturing and process issues will be an advantage.
Applicants for employment in the European Union (EU) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorisation in the European Union (EU) and with Infinite Sum.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Infinite Sum or an affiliated Infinite Sum partner business may not be eligible for consideration.
What we can offer you
We will work with you to ensure you get an opportunity to work on project assignments that suit your personal and professional goals. Opportunity to work from home if wish, within a daily commute of a client location, or if you are adventurous we can post you to an international assignment working in multicultural and dynamic teams both internally and at our client sites. Career development opportunities are offered at all of our international offices.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
ABOUT INFINITE SUM
Infinite Sum is a global management consulting firm made up of experienced business executives and consultants that deliver immediate and long-term solutions and real profit to our clients. Since 1993, we have been retained as consultants and trusted partners to many clients ranging from fortune 500s to some with revenues of less than $100m.
Combining deep industry knowledge with specialised expertise in global sourcing, operations consulting and international market development and sales solutions we advise our clients on their most critical issues and opportunities relating to their global initiatives. We provide this advice and support across numerous industries and geographies, with particular emphasis on emerging markets.
Infinite Sum is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.