The Global Sourcing Group within Infinite Sum are responsible for delivering a variety of Global Sourcing initiatives on behalf of our clients. A primary role of the group is to establish and manage off-shore manufacturing supply chains, including the compliance of suppliers to meet our clients requirements including production and delivery deadlines.
We are currently seeking a Consultant – Production Planning, within our Global Sourcing Group who is looking for an exciting and challenging career with Infinite Sum – an employer that enables you to work in a flexible environment both in terms of geography and time.
The Consultant - Production Planning will have the following responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and maintains the daily production plan for assigned program administrations, utilizing Corporate Material Requirements Planning, Master Production Scheduling and other relevant demand signals.
- Ensure that appropriate planning parameters are established for all active projects. Work with clients to help establish reorder points and safety stock levels if applicable. Ensure accurate item lead times are identified and the proper make/buy and planner designation are utilized for each item of responsibility.
- Responsible to ensure that all operational tools, (Bills of Material, Project Plans, Production Schedules, and Item Creation) are received per designated Master Production Schedule. Monitor and report any production issues that deviate from schedule.
- Responsible for analyzing material usage, projected demand and determining proper order quantity and delivery schedule to support operational activities. Working with appropriate client counterpart and Manager to ensure that order quantities will support agreed sourcing plan.
- Monitor and track material shortages and work with appropriate Project Manager to resolve. Escalate to Manager if delivery status cannot meet operational requirements.
- Creates and publishes the daily and weekly production schedules. Measures and tracks daily plan vs. actual output.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels to support forecasted demand.
- Provides follow up and recovery plans for out of stock, low stock and excess items.
- Working with the Infinite Sum and Client supply chain team, monitor and track all program administration material requirements, ensuring minimal work stoppages and escalate as necessary if deliverables do not adhere to plan.
- Generate a collaborative Microsoft Project Plan (MSPP) that can be incorporated into the end to end program schedule for all projects within responsibility.
- Adhere to MSPP Schedule timelines releasing drafts and finals according to approved plan.
- Report schedule deviances to plan to Management.
- Responsible for reviewing the fulfillment execution to the dates on the project plan, and raising any issues to their Manager.
- Attend client “Production Status” meetings when required.
- Participate by conference call in Daily Production Meeting and report issues to Manager as needed.
- Identify and report production inefficiencies within the inbound/outbound activities.
- Recommend and suggest cost savings or process improvements for inbound/outbound shipping activities.
- Ability to serve as a back-up for other planners when they out of the office on sick leave, vacation, etc.
- Serve and actively participate in ad hoc project teams as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Travel: Periodic travel to Project team meetings at Client locations throughout the midwest and / or Infinite Sum locations in Chicago or Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Fulfillment/Manufacturing materials environment
- Minimum of 3 year of experience with exposure to materials requirements planning, shop floor control and master production scheduling philosophy
- Knowledge of integrated manufacturing systems, MRP/ERP.
- Microsoft Project knowledge and experience
- Database technology experience
- MS Office spreadsheets and graphics
- Basic knowledge of inventory control, purchasing, receiving, pick/pack operations and inbound test return processes
Professional Skill Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate productivity in a team environment, ability to handle multiple tasks and to excel at “Customer Satisfaction”
- High motivation, assertiveness, flexibility and adaptability to change
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Infinite Sum (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Infinite Sum or an affiliated Infinite Sum partner business may not be eligible for consideration.
What we can offer you
We will work with you to ensure you get an opportunity to work on project assignments that suit your personal and professional goals. Opportunity to work from home if wish, within a daily commute of a client location, or if you are adventurous we can post you to an international assignment working in multicultural and dynamic teams both internally and at our client sites. Career development opportunities are offered at all of our international offices.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
ABOUT INFINITE SUM
Infinite Sum is a global management consulting firm made up of experienced business executives and consultants that deliver immediate and long-term solutions and real profit to our clients. Since 1993, we have been retained as consultants and trusted partners to many clients ranging from fortune 500s to some with revenues of less than $100m.
Combining deep industry knowledge with specialised expertise in global sourcing, operations consulting and international market development and sales solutions we advise our clients on their most critical issues and opportunities relating to their global initiatives. We provide this advice and support across numerous industries and geographies, with particular emphasis on emerging markets.
Infinite Sum is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.