We currently have the need for a Global Sourcing Project Manager to work within one of our Global Sourcing Teams, based full-time in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Infinite Sum Global Sourcing Teams role is responsible for supporting our clients procurement process relative to selecting and contracting suppliers located anywhere in the world. We have the need for an above average Project Manager with a background in Global Sourcing and Procurement. The candidate should have an excellent ability in the understanding of vendors, marketplaces and commercial models relative to manufactured CPG goods and / or packaging within the food industry.
Within the Infinite Sum Global Sourcing Team, the role of the Global Sourcing Manager works hand-in-hand with our Supplier Implementation Project Managers where there is a very clear hand-off in terms of responsibilities, project scope and deliverables. Whereas our Supplier Implementation Project Managers are focussed on managing the integration of the selected Suppliers into the supply chain and manufacturing plant network of our clients, Global Sourcing Project Managers are responsible for the development and timely delivery of global bids and supplier selection projects on behalf of our clients. Upon the successful selection of suppliers and / or awarding of contracts, the role of the Global Sourcing Project Manager ends, and the hand-off to the Implementation Project Manager is complere.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Deliver allocated sourcing and supplier selection projects to meet client, stakeholder and Infinite Sum needs.
- Use / share knowledge and previous experience as required to ensure project delivery in line with expectation.
- Manage and track a project through its full life cycle, by:
- Defining detailed project scope
- Monitoring and tracking project activities (e.g. establish and maintain a project plan, identify and track project risks, provide effective status reporting),
- Managing and tracking people resources (e.g. identify and flag resource constraints),
- Managing communications (e.g. develop and deliver communication materials), and,
- Closure and review of sourcing projects post-delivery.
- Maintain a high level of flexibility in managing work load to ensure a variety of tasks, possibly across different opportunities or projects, are completed on time.
- Ensure all deliverables are of a high quality and delivered on time and to the agreed standards and key performance indicators.
- Facilitate the smooth transition of ongoing responsibility for own projects to the appropriate operational groups or teams within Infinite Sum or our client.
- Respond quickly to challenges and issues by identifying and documenting them. This includes ensuring resolution by using all appropriate available resources and by initiating timely actions.
- Ensure clear and appropriate communication is maintained throughout the sourcing project life cycle. All communication should be clear, concise and logical – regardless of the communication vehicle. Potentially, communication may be needed to change our clients position or to convince others and secure co-operation or ‘buy-in’.
- Build and maintain a strong rapport and on-going relationships with key individuals within Infinite Sum and our clients.
- Create, track and report on project finances throughout project lifecycle.
- Manage, monitor and report expenditure against forecast in order to achieve results within target and demonstrate financial control and compliance with Infinite Sum’s project delivery policies.
- Flag any financial risk or variances in a timely fashion to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure ongoing financial management is transitioned as required to relevant operational teams.
- Accountable for delivery of financial results within agreed targets.
- Constructively challenge existing approaches, looking for opportunities to provide improvements that will lead to more effective and efficient ways of working not only in the delivery of opportunities or projects but all aspects of work.
Travel: Occasional where required
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a track record of success and experience that will enable them to;
- Get results through action oriented thinking. Consistently demonstrating responsibility and accountability in all aspects of his / her role.
- Will have worked in a similar blue chip environment, within a Global Sourcing function, driving procurement projects across multiple stakeholders in a large corporate business environment.
- Will have worked with business teams, while enhancing strong internal relationships, to develop and utilize RFI (Request for Information), RFP (Request for Proposal), RFQ (Request for Quote) and e-auction techniques to identify, select, negotiate and engage with suppliers to ensure competitive market advantage.
- Will understand how to construct, organize and project manage cross-functional teams in order to meet business requirements yet capture Statements of Work, agreed terms and conditions and negotiated pricing into robust contracts.
- Will have an excellent understanding how to drive commercial innovation into the negotiations and subsequent contracts along with a robust track record in drafting the supplier performance management in contracts to ensure commercial innovation is sustainable, scalable, contractual and delivers real value.
- Will have the ability to work centrally in Cincinnati, yet communicate and manage project teams located in multiple countries throughout the world.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Infinite Sum (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
- Although not a necessity, the ideal candidate will have a second language (example - Spanish or Mandarin).
What we can offer you
We will work with you to ensure you get an opportunity to work on project assignments that suit your personal and professional goals. Opportunity to work from home if wish, within a daily commute of a client location, or if you are adventurous after a period of time we can post you to an international assignment working in multicultural and dynamic teams both internally and at our client sites. Career development opportunities are offered at all of our international offices.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
ABOUT INFINITE SUM
Infinite Sum is a global management consulting firm made up of experienced business executives and consultants that deliver immediate and long-term solutions and real profit to our clients. Since 1993, we have been retained as consultants and trusted partners to many clients ranging from fortune 500s to some with revenues of less than $100m. We would encourage you to learn more about our company at www.infinitesum.com