We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Development Engineer – Glass, who is looking for an exciting and challenging career with Infinite Sum – an employer that enables you to work in a flexible environment both in terms of geography and time.
The Manufacturing Development Engineer (glass) will work primarily on-site at the North American manufacturing sites of our clients and liaise closely with the Infinite Sum Supplier Development & Performance Management (SD&PM) Teams in Asia. The role will be a key technical interface between our clients suppliers and our client own manufacturing sites on pro-active activities.
This interaction with our (SD&PM) teams and Suppliers includes, but is not limited to, performing activities at the Supplier manufacturing site to ensure a flawless launch of new products, executing Supplier Capability Assessments, Up-Skilling Suppliers, and leading Specification Alignment activities. In addition, the Manufacturing Development Engineer (glass) will interface with our cilents manufacturing plants and the relevant Infinite Sum client management team in North America to ensure overall project deliverables are achieved.
The Manufacturing Development Engineer will be based in the Mid West USA, located primarily at Infinite Sum client manufacturing plants, and be instrumental in the following areas for Glass packaging projects:
- Work closely with clients of Infinite Sum to ensure their technical and quality needs are met in terms of introducing new off shore suppliers of glass product used in the filing and packaging of food & beverage at our clients north american sites.
- Leading the execution of the Supplier Capability Assessment for new and existing Suppliers, to determine if gaps exist in multiple critical Supplier categories (e.g. Mold Asset Management, Material Flow, Sub Supplier Management, Change Control, Visual Management, 5 Why’s, etc.) and then working with the Infinite Sum (SD&PM) teams in Asia to Up-Skill the relevant Suppliers to close those gaps.
- Accompany Infinite Sum Asia (SD&PM) teams walk the lines at the Supplier Manufacturing Site and confirm in-process controls are in place, ensure that current client specifications / drawings are being used at Supplier, verify the release equipment in Supplier lab is the same as Supplier qualification and equivalent to client Lab, analyze Supplier release test results for Normality, X-Bar Chart, Histogram, Control Limits, etc.) prior to and/or during Supplier launch for Supply.
- Partnering with Infinite Sum Global Procurement teams in North America to identify “high-risk” Items / Suppliers and then mitigating that risk (e.g. Supplier Capability Assessment, etc.) for client sites.
- Performing a Gap Analysis between specifications, methods, equipment, etc. at relevant Suppliers vs. our client plants and then mitigate those gaps (e.g. Gage R&R, etc.) to pro-actively reduce future deviations, supply issues, etc. due to misalignment between our client and Supplier.
- Partner with other SD&PM personnel (e.g. Systems, Quality, etc.) and other members of Infinite Sum teams to manage our clients Suppliers.
- Minimum of 7 years of sourcing glass product for food industry or global supplier management experience
- At least 3 years of external consulting experience or equivalent internal consulting project management experience
- Must be located within the Mid West of the United States, or be willing to relocate.
- Minimum BS in engineering, materials science, or equivalent scientific field but not necessary if candidate can show 10+ years relevant professional experience
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability dealing with international based Infinite Sum sourcing and supplier management teams in Asia and South America.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Infinite Sum (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Infinite Sum or an affiliated Infinite Sum partner business may not be eligible for consideration.
What we can offer you
We will work with you to ensure you get an opportunity to work on project assignments that suit your personal and professional goals. Opportunity to work from home if wish, within a daily commute of a client location, or if you are adventurous we can post you to an international assignment working in multicultural and dynamic teams both internally and at our client sites. Career development opportunities are offered at all of our international offices.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
ABOUT INFINITE SUM
Infinite Sum is a global management consulting firm made up of experienced business executives and consultants that deliver immediate and long-term solutions and real profit to our clients. Since 1993, we have been retained as consultants and trusted partners to many clients ranging from fortune 500s to some with revenues of less than $100m.
Combining deep industry knowledge with specialised expertise in global sourcing, operations consulting and international market development and sales solutions we advise our clients on their most critical issues and opportunities relating to their global initiatives. We provide this advice and support across numerous industries and geographies, with particular emphasis on emerging markets.
Infinite Sum is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.